Sunday, October 27, 2013

ONE!

I've been pretty emotional the past couple months leading up to my BABY's 1st Birthday!
Examples:
-Walking through target, I passed a newborn outfit and I couldn't keep the tears from filling up my eyes.
-Packing away her clothes that no longer fit. It's so hard to think we will be shopping in the toddler section instead of the baby section.
-Holding new born babies
-Looking at the pictures of when I had Hadley, when we brought her home and our first few months with her.
-Watching her sleep
The list could go on and on.
I have had a hard time coping with the fact that my baby is not so much a baby anymore.

It's unbelievable how fast the time has gone. Really, it's quite hard for me to grasp the idea it was a year ago that I had my sweet babe, but it truly feels like yesterday.


I'm choking back tears writing this.
Why?
I shouldn't be sad, right?





Miss H. is in just a FUN stage right now.
Every day is an adventure. She makes us laugh constantly.
She is so smart. She loves to observe, watch and then copy people.

I never knew I could ever feel this much love for one person.

She is by far the GREATEST miracle that Kyle and I have received.
Being a mom is such a blessing. I love it.
We have our hard days, but I wouldn't change it for anything.

Hadley's Achievements:

Weight: 22lbs 11oz.
Height: 30 in.
-Hadley's vocabulary has gotten so much better. She can pronounce words almost perfectly. She can say: Mom/Mama, Dad/Dada, Papa (grandpa), "DaNaw" (grandma), Hello, Hi, Hot, Juice, Shoe, uh-oh, Tickle, Go, "Nine-o" (Rhino), Tiger, Dog, "KanKoo" (thank you), "cok" (sock), "do" (boo), "Kark" (Uncle Mark), any many more.
-She has to hold your hand when we got for walks.
-She is in 12-18 month clothes. No more baby clothes :(
-Still takes 1-2 naps every day
-Her 5th tooth popped thru on September 7, 2013 (the one next to her top right tooth)
-Sticks almost everything in her mouth..still!
-Throws things off her highchair and then says "uh-oh"
-Fake Laughs
-Loves the bathroom and everything BAD in it. Toilet, plunger, garbage, toilet paper.
-Says Hi to EVERYONE. Literally. everywhere we go.
-Loves attention from people
-LOVES to dance. She dances by herself but always loves to be held and dance. She now dances in circles, dances with her hands up, shakes her head, and does this thing where she grabs her belly or her legs and will do what looks like squats. It's so funny
-She has learned how to open drawers and cabinet doors.
-She knows how to work a click pen
-She now throws fits! If she doesn't get her way she will fall down on the floor & cry, hit her face or bite her hand.
-We took our first family vacation to St. George. We had a BLAST. It was a much needed get-a-way.
-Hadley met her new friend, Austyn Marie. Hadley has never been around a new baby before, but she did really well and wanted to keep looking at her.
-Hadley still has to snuggle to fall asleep. Every once and a while she will fall asleep on her own, but not very often.
-She still isn't sleeping through the night. I know a big part has to do with not being strong enough to let her just cry, and that she is in our bedroom due to the fact that my sister is staying with us in the "nursery".
-Hadley also still has to take a bottle in the middle of the night so I'm convinced that's the main reason why she doesn't sleep through the night. We have tried to let her cry but she just wakes up and stays awake for an hour or so.
-Hadley loves to feed herself. She rarely lets us feed her anymore. She has gotten pretty good sticking items on her fork and eating them.
-If I fake cry, Hadley gives me hugs and kisses until  I am all better.
-Covers her face with her hands and says "do" (boo)
-Blows Kisses
-She now gives closed mouth kisses
-She is a social butterfly. loves other kids, other people, animals, etc. She isn't afraid of anything, which I am not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing?!
-She knows how to clean her ears with a Qtip (don't worry, we watch her and don't let her stick it IN her ear).
-She loves make up and lip stick/gloss. I bought a cheap blush brush and gave it to her and she is always putting on her make up.
-LOVES books. She is always grabbing our hands and sticking books in them or crawls on our laps and puts the books in our hands to read. Lets hope her love of books stays with her.

1 comment:

My name is Lydia said...

i started reading the post and it almost sounded like you were packing the clothes away and stuff because you had lost your baby because she passed away and i started tearing up and then i realized it was because she was growing up. MUCH happier. congratulations on having such a cute dolly!